Jan 30, 2013

High Expectations.








I hate when I screw up.









To me, there is no worse feeling in the world.

"When I started counting the number of times I 'dropped the ball', I started making fewer mistakes."

Not to say I make a lot of mistakes (I'd like to think I'm pretty regular in a few life categories), but to say, when I started paying more attention to what I was doing, I didn't screw up as much.

So now when I do experience a missed opportunity to make a better decision (you like how I said that right...I know, I know. Genius), I get really upset with myself.

I've heard the old saying, "nobody's perfect" before, many times (obviously there is some truth to it), but if we accept it, then everyone would be making crazy decisions all willy nilly. ...No regard for rules or regulations...complete anarchy. I digress.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that, I get people make mistakes, but I prefer not to. I have found that if I expect perfection, and truly hold myself accountable; I will be able to consistently perform and a very high level.

Maybe that makes me different.

- Rule #2 - 

Expect to succeed and you will.

No comments: